Optional Online Certification Exam to be completed between the end of class and June 1, 2023, 8pm (EDT)
Newer staff with 1 year or less experience are strongly encouraged to take the prerequisite on-demand HOME Primer On Demand course in preparation for the class. When registering for the Primer, use coupon code HOMEpod50 to receive a discount on the Primer registration. Click here to register for the HOME Primer On-Demand.
Group Discount - You are also encouraged to invite the future leaders on your staff to participate in this great training experience too! NCDA's courses provide early-career professionals and emerging leaders with the tools they need to build their skills. As an added bonus, register yourself and at least four of your colleagues together on this form for a 15% discount off your registration fees. The discount will automatically be taken on registrations on this form of 4 or more people.
The course will provide a basic, but comprehensive overview of the HOME program. This course will include information on:
• The fundamentals of the program (history, reading the regulations, and a general overview of the course materials);
• eligible and prohibited activities;
• eligible costs (eligible project costs, CHDO costs, eligible planning and administrative costs, tenant-based rental assistance, and pre-award costs);
• CHDOs (overview of the role of CHDOs and certifying CHDOs, special CHDO costs, other special requirements);
• general program requirements (program-wide income targeting, distribution of assistance);
• project requirements (general project requirements, rental housing, homeownership, rehabilitation of owner-occupied housing, tenant-based rental assistance);
• match requirements;
• program administration (consolidated plan, financial management, working with subrecipients, CHDOs, contractors, owners, developers, and sponsors, monitoring, record keeping, reporting performance;
• Complying with other Federal Requirements (lead-based paint, labor standards, environmental review, fair housing and equal opportunity, relocation);
• achieving quality administration (ethics, working with the public and politicians, telling your story, and remembering the “why”)
Attendees who pass the optional exam will receive a NCDA Certificate of Completion.
(2 or more years is highly recommended.)
(Use the coupon code HOMEpod50 to receive a 50% discount on the Primer registration fee when registering for the HOME Primer. Anyone registering for this course may use that coupon code for the HOME Primer course)
General Registration - $350Registration after 04/07/23 - $400
General Registration - $450Registration after 04/07/23 - $500
If you don't know your city/county/insular area's membership status, please contact [email protected] to confirm membership.
TIP - Registering for another person or persons? Put the Registrant's email above and your email in the Billing Information section email box below. That way you'll both get confirmation messages and they will get conference information messages.
If you have issues with registration, please contact NCDA Staff.
Check this box if this is the first NCDA Conference YOU will be attending.
Check this box if you will be claiming AICP-CM credits at this conference.
This course is eligible for 16 AICP Certificate Maintenance (CM) credits. If you will be requesting AICP Certificate Maintenance Credits, click here for the AICP listing for this course. To learn how to log your CM credits with APA, click here.
Note that there is a convenience fee of 3% for all credit card transactions.
Registrations within two weeks of the class starting must be paid with a credit card.
If you need to download a copy of NCDA's W-9 form, click here.
To add another Registrant during this session, click on the ADD ANOTHER REGISTRANT button below. When you are done adding registrants, proceed to the BILLING SECTION below that.
If you register, do not attend the live sessions, and do not cancel, you will be charged the full amount of the registration fee. Remember that you still have access to the session recordings for 60 days after the last class.